Monday, February 18, 2013

Lent

So, I'm not 100% confident in my knowledge about religion, the Bible or the process of all of it. But i'm 100% confident in the I love God and He loves me! I'm 100% confident in the fact that Jesus died on the cross for my sins, and no matter what my sins, if I have faith and ask to be forgiven, I will be forgiven!

That is something to shout about on the rooftops. HE is almighty and perfect! Every single day I want to strive to live by the Bible, and just to live to serve him and others.

Like I said, I don't know the whole process, including 'Lent'. But, every year I give something up for Lent and spend that time serving God and spending time getting to know him. After all, he's not just someone looking over us, He is next to us, with us every single day! He is CRAZY about us, do you understand that? Do you feel that?

After I gave my life to Him, after I decided to give all trust and faith over to Him and that I knew he had plans for my life that I couldn't control, I have noticed I'm so much happier. Even in the midst of struggles, he promises happiness and joy. We can't just look for it, HE promises it will come.

Just have faith!

During this short beginning of Lent, I had given up facebook and blogging. But, I can help people through blogging and I can write my thoughts here! Facebook is just another distraction and an hour later you've done NOTHING. So I've kept my promise for giving up facebook. Blogging on the other hand, I want to keep up with. I want to share my story- it's really nothing special or incredible, other than the fact that I've realized I'm a child of God. THAT is incredible.

...a righteous man will be remembered forever.
Psalm 112:6b

Are you striving to serve God and serve others, or are you living your life to make sure your needs are served? What could you give up that you don't need. The internet package on your phone that you waste time and money on, what are you making sure that you get before you give to others?

Here's another one that I got from Sunday's sermon.

When you talk, do not say harmful things, but say what people need- words that will help others become stronger. Then, what you say will do good to those who listen to you.
Ephesians 4:29

What can you do to help others? Are you asking yourself this daily? Can you give to others, time, money, or can you pray for them?

Wouldn't the world be a better place if we focused more on others and less on what we think that we need? God will take care of us when we take care of others. It's his promise! 

Love always,
Nicole