Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Moving once again...


For those of you who know our family, you know we just relocated from Central Florida to Upstate NY. It's been a great change of scenery and helped our family grow to be so strong together. There have been numerous changes and many friends made, but we are once again moving. This time, it's only 30 minutes away, which is nice... But, moving is moving. Doesn't matter how far you're going, you still have to pack everything in to a billion boxes and move the huge furniture from one place to another. Not to mention... we are trying to save up to one day get a house in my favorite town in NY so far... FAIRPORT! That is the only moving that I won't dread!

Anyways, I'll share the good news with all of you. Our new apartment is gorgeous! We are moving from a two-level townhome with 4 bedrooms into a one-level apartment with 3 bedrooms. With two toddlers anyone can understand it's much better to be on the same level. No running upstairs 24 times from 9pm-11pm trying to get your toddler to fall asleep, no worrying about baby gates and falling down the stairs*, and leaping over the baby gates... it's all just very hectic. Plus, we will have a fire place, wooded views from every window, the end unit (again, which I love!), huge pantry, 10 x 10 master closet, large rooms, etc. I'm just so excited about having a blank slate to decorate and re-organize. Once all the boxes and furniture are moved, I will be a happy camper. But for the next three days, I will procrastinate packing more boxes until I have no choice.

I'm thinking this move will be a lot easier than the one from FL to NY! The weather, hiking, parks, lakes, and Wegman's make it worth the while. Bad drivers, missing my family & driving in the snow are not. ;-)

*by falling down the stairs...I mean myself included. It's already happened twice. Once at 4am on my way to work... I slipped on the very top step and tumbled all the way down. Not one of my best days.

E

No comments: